Punjabi all the way: Top hits in Bollywood that are rehashed Punjabi numbers
Punjabi music is sure to be a hit with people all over India whether it is a party number or a slow romantic/tragic song. So it comes as no surprise when music composers in Bollywood turn to Punjab to draw inspiration for (or sometimes just copy) their songs. Here are 5 Punjabi songs that were rehashed for Bollywood in 2016, and turned out to be superhits.
1. Ladki Beautiful, Kapoor & Sons
– Rapper Badshah, who has found immense fame in Bollywood, rehashed his own song from 2014 and added some more lyrics for the Bollywood movieKapoor & Sons. This song will surely get you on your feet and is the biggest party hit so far of the year.
2. Soch Na Sake, Airlift
– This Arijit Singh-song was stuck on everybody’s lips in the beginning of the year. Akshay Kumar brought out his true romantic side in Airlift with Nimrat Kaur in this song. Punjabi singer Hardy Sandhu’s 2013 song Soch was remade into Soch Na Sake, and it went on to be a huge hit.
3. Rock Tha Party, Rocky Handsome
–John Abraham revisited the 2003 hit song by Bombay Rockers – Rock Tha Party and used it as an item song in his film Rocky Handsome. More than the movie, the song is what remains in every music lover’s mind.
4. Khair Mangdi, Baar Baar Dekho
– Bilal Saeed sang this tragic song in 2013 and it became an instant hit in Punjab in those days. The singer returned to sing the reworked version of the song for Sidharth Malhotra in Baar Baar Dekho.
5. Kala Chashma, Baar Baar Dekho
– Sidharth Malhotra and Katrina Kaif burned the dance floor withKala Chashma, but it is actually an old bhangra pop hit. Amar Arshi’s Kala Chasma first sang the song in the early 1990s and it became a rage in Punjab. Almost 20 years later, the rehashed song is a rage again.