Evergreen songs that make Gurdas Mann the legend he is | Videos
Starting his career as an employee of Punjab State Electricity Board. Little did he know then that he was going to be one of the most famous singing legends to come out of Punjab, and eventually, India.
Gurdas Mann is the singing legend Punjab has come to be synonymous with, and rightly so. The man is known to have a heart of gold, but what most of us don’t know is that the Punjabi folk singer lost his driver in an accident that he himself was involved in, and later sang a song in his memory. In an interview after the accident, Maan admitted that his driver asked him to wear his seat belt minutes before the accident, and thus came out with the song, Baithi Sade Naal Savari Utter Gayi, later.
What sets the man apart are the lyrics he writes for his songs–not a single song of his can be dismissed as “fluff” or not in tandem with what the nation and its youth faces from time to time.
Here are a few other songs that make him the legend he is:
1. His first-ever appearance on television, with Dil Da Mamla Hai
2. The latest one most of us have heard- Ki Banu Duniya Da (with Diljit Dosanjh)
3. The one all of us would relate to- Roti
4. The one reminiscent of homeland- Apna Punjab Hove
5. The song that’s come to become an anthem- Challa