5 simple eating tips to control weight | Fitness
To remain fit and maintain ideal weight, it’s not only important to know what to eat but also how to eat and how much to eat. Follow these simple eating tips that you mother might have told you earlier and you will not regret.
1. Portion control – The portion size and obesity moves parallel. If you increase the portion size of your food simultaneously there will be inclination in your weight. Inclination in weight day by day leads to obesity. One of the biggest contributes to obesity is portion size. Don’t sampl everything on buffet table. The more you have the more you eat.
2. Frequent meals – Try to have small and frequent meals in a gap of 2 to 3 hours every day, instead of having a few big ones as this regulates your blood sugar level and your metabolism. This will also keep your hormones balance, keeps your energy level high, improve digestion. If you’re eating healthy whole foods during those small meals, you will be less likely to experience hunger cravings and binges.
3. Chew food – Chewing food properly leads to proper absorption of nutrients.
4. Focus on food – Don’t watch T.V, use cell phones, etc while eating food. Focus on food so that you eat your food properly, slowly and chew it properly. while watching T.V you don’t chew food properly and you tend to eat more and sometime you overeat also.
5. Patience – If you have finished food, wait for some time till the body signals brain that it’s enough for it. But at times we keep on eating when we are full and tends to overeat. Hence, overeating leads to weight gain.
Source: Etisha @ Affimity