4G Tariff in Punjab | Reliance Jio vs Airtel vs Vodafone
Reliance has certainly changed the dynamics of the Indian telecom sector, once and for all. The company is ambitious in its plan to create an Internet landscape in India, which will catapult the country from its 150th ranking on the basis of data usage, to almost 10th globally.
Earlier , Mukesh Ambani announced that voice calls will be free on the Jio network forever, there will be no roaming charges and data per GB will be priced as low as Rs 50. So, how does that compare to what you have been paying to Airtel or Vodafone till now?
Here’s a look at it.
All Reliance Jio 4G plans come with free unlimited access to local and STD voice calls in home and within India.The data plans also include free access to Jio apps.
Jio, not only provides free voice and abundant data, it has taken care of all other communication needs in 1 integrated pack.
- Video calling in India has been made free for the first time. Only data rates are charged for high-quality, premium conference-quality video calls
- SMS is unlimited – use as much as you want instead of buying add-on packs from competition operators to send a basic thing like text.
- International calling – A lot of us pay very heavy international calling rates. Jio has not only reduced the ISD rates for 99% of the countries to which calls are made, it has also integrated free minutes in the pack itself so that you “purchase one pack for all your needs”.
- Jio Apps – First of its kind, all premium content under 1 roof.
- Airtel recently announced ‘my Plan Infinity’ which works only with 4G. It starts at Rs 949 and goes all the way up to Rs 2,999.
- Airtel is giving away unlimited access to music, movies, and all local calls. Al other plans expect for the Rs 949 one also come with free roaming and all STD calls.
- Under the ‘my Plan Infinity’ plan, Airtel postpaid users will be charged Rs 949 for 1GB data.
- There’s another 1GB plan for Rs 1,199, which comes with an additional unlimited access to roaming and STD calls.
- The 5GB plan costs Rs 1,599.
- There’s 10GB and 20GB plans at Rs 1,999 and Rs 2,999 respectively.
- Vodafone users need to pay Rs 100 per month for 3G/4G of 300MB data. Post exhaustion, users will be charged at 4p/10KB.
- There’s two 1GB plans at Rs 299 and Rs 250. Vodafone customers will be charged at Rs 4p/10KB post exhaustion in the Rs 250 plan’ whereas its 50p/MB in the Rs 299 plan.
- The b plans cost Rs 450 and Rs 499.
- Vodafone offers 3GB monthly data at Rs 650 and 4GB data at Rs 750.
- The 5GB monthly plan costs Rs 850.
- There’s also an 8GB plan at Rs 1,250 and 12GB data plan at Rs 1,599.
Reliance has fired a powerful salvo, it is time to see what Airtel, Vodafone, Idea will offer to keep their customers.